Thursday, May 12, 2011

I've just decided ahead of time that this post will be pointless, flowless, and full of random information. I hope that is ok with you :-)

So lets see, what can I tell you?

I've been really into making my own salad dressing lately. It is SO delicious!  I use the juice of two lemons, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, black truffle oil (just a sploosh!), 7 cloves of fresh garlic, fresh parsely, hot red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.  I blend it all up in the blender, and viola! Dressing!
The best part is, the lemon is so strong and flavorful that you need VERY little to add a lot to a salad. I've been eating a lot of arugula with just a drizzle of this dressing on it. Super freshy fresh.

Yesterday was my first kinda/sorta fructose-free day.  I say kinda sorta because I ate perfectly, but then had a dinner at a tapas restaurant. And I most certainly had some no-no foods.  Today, however, I am 100% and should be good for (at least) the two weeks to test myself. It's taking me a bit of time to know what foods are ok and which are not.  I've gotten very good at knowing or guessing calorie content, but the fructose content isn't second nature to me (yet).

I forget if I have mentioned this yet, but I ordered the Insanity DVD set  and I can't wait until it arrives!
I know that ambitious is not a strong enough word for what this is for me. But hey, why not at least try?
If I can't do it, it only gives me more to work toward, right?  If you haven't heard of them, they are a series of work outs for 60 days that are supposedly the hardest, most insane, most sweat-inducing dvds available. The disclaimer says that these are not for beginners or novices. I consider myself somewhere between those two levels. But I'll be damned if I ain't gonna try it! :-)
I'll have to of course, adjust the schedule to fit mine, since you're supposed to do it every day for the 60 days, but I work out with Bob twice a week, so I'll just do it on all the other days until the DVDs are up... which would be.. umm about 80 days to complete. But, chances are I'll need to repeat or work up to some days, so possibly longer than that. Anyway, should be fun, and I'll be sure to chronicle either my own death, or my progress!

Not much else to report these days. 
I'll leave you with a picture of my outfit from yesterday which was 70's inspiration day.
This picture makes me very excited for the fact that I have a hair appt on Saturday! CHOP CHOP! 

I was under the impression that that shirt was "flowy and cute" I did not realize until I saw these pictures that in actuality it's just too large and very unflattering! 
Here's three of us being hippies! 

(Me, Bumbles, Lil' Boots)

0 refreshing comments: