Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's day to all the Daddies out there! We (me, Fatty, and our sister) took our Dad out to dinner tonight. I had the surf & turf, sirloin and lobster, and some caesar salad. YUMS! For dessert, I actually ordered a decaf coffee. Put in some cream, and (omg, get this) NO SPLENDA. And you know what? It was tasty, and desserty, and hit the exact right spot.


I will tell you one thing though . . . {{tangent alert!}}
Most everyone that I know, now knows that I am on a low-carb diet. And although everyone is very supportive, they all say things like "when you are off the low-carb thing we'll go for some [insert bad-food here]. And I typically laugh and say something like "well, that'll be never!"
I really want to get my mindset in the low-carb WOE (way of eating) and knowing that means a real lifestyle change. And not for "now-life" but, for "forever life"
No, this doesn't mean I will never have sushi again. (omg, sushi) But it does mean that I will never be "off" this way of life.

Of course, this is contingent on the fact that this LC eating actually proves to work for my body, which, so far, it has NOT. But, I am still giving it a chance :-)

Anyway, all I am saying is.. this is not a fad-diet. This is not just a phase, this is what I need to do to lose weight, and live a healthier life.

0 refreshing comments: