Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A few odds and ends

Went for a pretty good jog last night, with Chai, Chai(the corgi), and Zevon. I took Zevon with me, he's usually a better walker, and he can run faster than Chai(and Chai) haha. So a few times, we jogged ahead and hit a point, turned around and jogged back to the girl team. I forgot how much harder it is to run up a dirt/rock hill than it is to run on a treadmill. After the outdoor run, we did some push ups, then I got on the treadmill. I put the speed up to 6.0mph. I wanted to see how close I could get to finishing a 10 minute mile, as I was going to set it as my running goal by years end. To my surprise I actually completed it! Ten minutes and fourteen seconds to be exact, but I'm positive I could have done it in less. ;) So my new goal, and Chai has to keep on my ass to stick with it, is an 8 1/2 minute mile by the end of the year. Roughly 7 mph. So the bar has been set. :) I'm not trying to run forever at 7mph (yet), the plan is an 8 1/2 minute mile, for one mile.

I've been slacking once again with the consistancy of my push up challenge, so that's something I need to work on too. I'm restarting week two..... again. So is Chai, so once again, I'm counting on her to help make sure I do them every other day. Poor Chai, she's got so much responsibility in watching me and making sure I do what I'm supposed to. lol

On a positive note, after the jogging and such, we went downstairs, cooked up some food (okay, she cooked, I played with tired puppies). We then ate and I drank about 24oz of liquids. Then it was time for weigh in. In hindsite, I probably should have weighed in before eating, like we normally do, but hey, the man of the house was watching Family Guy. I'm not stealing the tv away from him, or wanting to change Family Guy to see my weight! lol So after all that, I ended up down 5.1 pounds from last weigh in. :) I'm almost back to pre-Vegas weight. Two more pounds and I'll be under 200 again! Then I can celebrate.... again. haha
Good thing my 185lbs goal is eluding me for a bit, I need to save up some money to buy my reward. haha

"My life and eating habits are much like a Hollywood movie, it requires many takes to get through some parts, but the movie always ends up complete." —Fatty McFat Fat

0 refreshing comments: