Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Lesson I Need To Learn

There is a psychological price that we pay when we've done something good. A feeling of entitlement, or false confidence.
When I weigh in, and I've lost weight, I ended up feeling like I deserve something, or like I can't possibly gain it back! Like, I can do, or eat ANYTHING, and I'll still lose!

I can totally understand why young (and old) celebrities can turn into monsters of self-importance. If you have constant confirmation of your own awesomeness...you'll start to believe it. True, or not.

No, I haven't gone overboard. But I do feel myself getting a little cocky about it. I can't afford to. Yes, I've lost 27lbs. Yes, that is awesome. But I still have 85lbs left to lose. If that isn't humbling, I don't know what could be.

I've had two coffees this week. With cream. I've not counted my carbs as closely. I've had some nuts. I've had a little more soda than I've been having.

It's only been a day, and I see the trend. I'm glad I caught it, and I won't let it continue. It could cost me my 5lb loss this week. I don't want that.

From now on, I will celebrate my small successes, and then—I will remind myself of my larger goal.

0 refreshing comments: