Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Crock pot delights

I promised a picture of my lamb soup, and I finally delivered.

I am telling you, the chayotes were doing the best potato impression I've ever seen. er...tasted.

This is what I made for dinner tonight, Pepperoncini Beef. The idea came from a recipe in one of my new cookbooks. And it sounded intriguing. I rather enjoyed it! And man, do I have leftovers!

It is 1 pot roast, 1 cup pepperoncinis (with the vinegar), 1/2 chopped onion, 1 cup of water. Thats it. Crock pot, 6 hours. Bam.

Before

After

Of course the after looks disgusting, but trust me, it was good! I had it with a side o brussell sprouts. Yums.

And for good measure, here is Corg looking particularly sad.

4 refreshing comments:

Lori said...

Yum - that soup looks delish!

~Oct said...

He is sad because he wants your soup and brussels sprouts ... and so do I! yum!

Chai Latté said...

hehe actually, I got her Daddy a remote control helicopter for christmas.. and she was very afraid of it! That was her "i'm very concerned" face:-)

Anonymous said...

Poor sad Chai! THIS is a Corgi friendly household and she can hide here from helicopters. :D They don't belong in the house anyways, that's just not right. :D

Beautiful pictures! Yummmm!