Friday, December 19, 2008

Sickie

Today, I seem to be coming down with a cold. YUCK. Now, I have chronic tonsillitis, which means that any time I get a little ol' cold, it turns into a very painful strep-throat-like condition. Typically that means that I eat nothing but popsicles for a couple days. But, I'm low carb!! What to doooo?

Well I came home today and immediately made some soup out of whatever I could find.
I found - some leftover slow-cooked lamb, celery, chayote, onion, garlic, canned chopped tomatoes, and a boatload of seasonings. This somehow made a very incredible soup.

If I remember, I will take a picture of it!

It felt nice going down, too :-)

Sadder than being is sick, is that Corgi seems to have a bug too. She is barfin' and doesn't seem very happy :-(

Though, I don't know who could be happy with this blizzard happening outside.

1 refreshing comments:

~Oct said...

When I have strep, the only way I can get through it is to sip hot tea anytime I need to swallow. What a miserable thing to have ... hot you feel better soon.