Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome letter

Dear 2009,

I am pleased to meet you. I don't have much time to really settle in and get to know you, so let's just jump right in, shall we?
Your predecessor 2008 did a good job by me but I suspect you will surpass him as my best, healthiest year.

I intend to take you for all you are worth. This year I will be motivated, inspired, determined, and steadfast in my efforts. I will eat as well as I can, I will exercise more than I ever have. I will think positively. I will be patient, and I will not expect miracles.
I will take better care of myself as a whole, and try to develop some confidence.

I will do things for myself for the sole purpose of enjoyment. I will continue to do things for others. I will work hard at work while I am there. I will work hard on myself when I am home. I will never stop working, but I will never lose sight of the joy in relaxation and the little things.

Although I will strive be the best girlfriend, sister, daughter, friend, maid of honor, niece, granddaughter, employee, and person that I can possibly be... this year is for me. This year *I* come first. My weight loss, my health, and my happiness will come before all else. I believe that selflessness has sabotaged me before. This year, I will make myself proud to be me, so that in years to come, I can be a stable, healthy, fun person that everyone else can enjoy and rely on.

Please send my sincere thanks to 2008. He was good training wheels. Let's get down to business. :-)

- Regards,
Chai

4 refreshing comments:

Anonymous said...

"... This year I will be motivated, inspired, determined, and steadfast in my efforts.... I will think positively. I will be patient, and I will not expect miracles... and try to develop some confidence."

I want to give you tons and tons of hugs! I am so happy to hear that you are making this your focus!

Good luck! I'm here for ya! I might be late due to time constraints, but, I'm here for ya!!!

Dayeseye said...

inspiration every day, thanks

Melissa Whittaker said...

I just need to comment that I love your new icon :)

Chai Latté said...

chubosaurous say RAWR! :-) He's so cute! I'll have Joel make it so that one comes up on my posts, soon!

thanks :-)