Friday, April 17, 2009

The ultimate in frustration

I feel like I have reached a peak in my frustration.

Since starting the personal training, I have gained 4lbs. Which puts me NINE (9) pounds up from my lowest weight yet.

How can I work SO DAMN HARD and not be rewarded? No loss is one thing, and that would be frustrating enough. But GAINING? wtf.

No inches lost either, before you ask :-)

It blows my mind. I see some people walk 1/2 mile a day, or just cut out soda and lose 30lbs.

Why does it have to be so freakin' hard for me?

I know it's hard for everyone, I am just aggravated.

5 refreshing comments:

Melissa Vegas said...

It's gonna happen. I promise. Sometimes bodies do weird things when we throw them into new routines. It WILL happen. I know it is frustrating, but you are doing so great, and no matter what the weight gain here - you are making yourself healthier.

Oct said...

I understand your frustration. It's not fair at all and I'm in the same boat.

smbdysheine said...

BLARGH! i would be so friggin' pissed if i were you, so punch a pillow for me will ya?

melissa is very right, your body is probably saying wha wha what's happening?

and i wanted to make sure you got my response to your comment on my blog so...


chai, i know you've had some troubles... but your dedication and exercise drive inspire me. i love reading about your blog whether good day or bad day, you are always full of energy and drive.

in summary, you rock.

MackAttack said...

I'm so sorry, it really sucks. I spent all of 2008 stalled/gaining. It is a terrible feeling. It sucks...Just think about how strong you are getting...

Chai Latté said...

Thank you everybody :-)

And thank you heine :), I always forget to go back and check comments, so I am sorry if I miss some replies from you!