Friday, April 17, 2009

The ultimate in frustration

I feel like I have reached a peak in my frustration.

Since starting the personal training, I have gained 4lbs. Which puts me NINE (9) pounds up from my lowest weight yet.

How can I work SO DAMN HARD and not be rewarded? No loss is one thing, and that would be frustrating enough. But GAINING? wtf.

No inches lost either, before you ask :-)

It blows my mind. I see some people walk 1/2 mile a day, or just cut out soda and lose 30lbs.

Why does it have to be so freakin' hard for me?

I know it's hard for everyone, I am just aggravated.

5 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

It's gonna happen. I promise. Sometimes bodies do weird things when we throw them into new routines. It WILL happen. I know it is frustrating, but you are doing so great, and no matter what the weight gain here - you are making yourself healthier.

~Oct said...

I understand your frustration. It's not fair at all and I'm in the same boat.

laura said...

BLARGH! i would be so friggin' pissed if i were you, so punch a pillow for me will ya?

melissa is very right, your body is probably saying wha wha what's happening?

and i wanted to make sure you got my response to your comment on my blog so...


chai, i know you've had some troubles... but your dedication and exercise drive inspire me. i love reading about your blog whether good day or bad day, you are always full of energy and drive.

in summary, you rock.

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

I'm so sorry, it really sucks. I spent all of 2008 stalled/gaining. It is a terrible feeling. It sucks...Just think about how strong you are getting...

Chai Latté said...

Thank you everybody :-)

And thank you heine :), I always forget to go back and check comments, so I am sorry if I miss some replies from you!