Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Status

I was perusing through the Sparkpeople forums, reading some fabulous success stories...as I often do :)

And SO many people had posted about finally making it into the "overweight" category (as opposed to the "obese" category) and it made me wonder.. what weight will put me at a BMI that is out of the obese? (or even, "morbidly obese" as I actually am)

195 lbs and I'll be just barely into the "overweight" zone.

I can't say it's not discouraging to see that I need to lose almost 50lbs just to be overweight! And then another damn 30 to make it into "normal"

I know it's all guesstimations and generalizations. But as a guideline... that sucks!

I also know that I should just keep my head down, focus on smaller, shorter goals. But, I tell you.. it's pretty impossible to not look directly at the mountain between me and goal.

Alas.

I am just as determined as ever to do this. I am still hopeful, and praying that I am rewarded with a loss at the end of the week. Nothing is more deflating than doing everything perfectly and not having it recognized.

5 refreshing comments:

~Oct said...

I'm still considered obese too. :( Ah well, we'll get there!!!

Fatty McFat-Fat said...

The mountain(s) between you and the scale are called your boobs goofball... ;)

Chai Latté said...

Haha oh man. Well, they need to hurry up and shrink already!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Which sparkpeople boards are you on? I've been looking forward to becoming overweight, it got so close, and is now so far!

Chai Latté said...

I'm all over Sparkpeople! :-) I don't post much though... My username is ShannonF27 if you wanna find me! :-)