Monday, October 19, 2009

Enchiladas

I've been meaning to share my enchilada adventures with you! So here we go!

Now, when I make enchiladas, I make 2 dishes. 1 for Joel with red chili enchilada sauce, and one for me with green chili enchilada sauce mixed with tomatillo sauce.

So, I start with the onions! Now, last time, I also added chicken and shredded cabbage, this time, I was going all onions!


Add some jalapenos!


Next up, fill the tortilla! Refried beans, onion jalapeno mix, and cheese


Roll that bad boy up, place it in the dish, and top with the sauce!


Then, I tossed a couple handfuls of fresh cilantro, squeeze of lime juice, and some cheese (low fat, don't worry! :-) ) on top!


Cook 'em up for about 30 minutes... and viola!


These are SO SO satisfying, they are almost impossible to overeat.

(I made it through about 1/2 of that. SO good!)

What I especially love about this dish is that the possibilities are endless! So many filling options!

3 refreshing comments:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

yum, i love mexican food and those look fantastic!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

now I want enchiladas. Yum!

Kathryn Crawford said...

Dude(ette) great idea! Those look so good! I have a bunch of corn tortillas in the fridge I was wondering what to do with, enchilladas it is!