Monday, January 18, 2010

Ends well

I was home alone for a bit today, stressed out from the morning's events and bored. I wanted to eat really badly. I had a snack at the right time, but I portioned it out, against my brain's wishes. All was well. No harm. No foul.

Fatty and Chrissy came over, and I did a little cardio while Fatty did a whole awesome workout. I totally missed lunch by accident.  

For dinner, I roasted some chicken breasts, rosemary lime butternut squash, and some fingerling potatoes. It was all very tasty, and satisfying!



This was my first time ever making fingerling potatoes. I thought they'd be just like little baby gold potatoes, but they were quite different. They were surprisingly sweet and slightly more.. rooty tasting. Earthy, but very sweet. Unexpected!  But absolutely delicious!

To make up some calories for the lost lunch, I peeled an orange, and cut up 2 baby kiwi.
Best orange yet! super juice!





The organic kiwi from Trader Joe's are good, but SO different from the ones I usually get at Shaw's. They are much smaller, the skin is thicker, tougher, and fuzzier. They are slightly less sugary sweet, but yet have much more "kiwi" flavor.  I guess, they taste more like what you'd expect to just pluck off a tree and bite into. I thought I didn't like them as much when I first tried them, but I feel the opposite is true now!

3 refreshing comments:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Oh! you had the butternut squash! How delicious! Sorry the morning was so rough!

muddymamma said...

MMMMMmmmmm
Nice job!
I do love me some Trader Joe's.
I'm out of their bran muffins... I may never poop again ;-(

Fatty McFat-Fat said...

I think I'm more sore today than I have been in a long time! my shoulders and back are feeling it from punching you so much. lol