Monday, October 25, 2010

The last birthday post!

Here it comes! My very last Bday post :-) 

I had dinner at my parent's house last night.  Birthday girl or boy always gets to choose what my Mom makes for dinner. Usually, I have something in mind all year round!  But this year, I asked for surprise! 
And she did surprise me, and it was DELICIOUS.  

Behold, a FEAST! 

Yes, those are my TWO plates. :-) 

She made :  beer braised beef brisket with leeks and mushrooms,  roasted turkey breast, fingerling potatoes, then... roasted : sweet taters, carrots, beets, onions, turnips, artichokes, eggplant, peppers, summer squash, and brussel sprouts.   She made gravy for each meat, and dinner rolls. 
It was weird going from summer weather, beaches, and key lime pie.... to cold fall and hot hot roasted foods.  But, I certainly didn't mind.  It was soooooo delicious. 

For my cake, I requested my fave : chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. 
With a picture of Bub on it.  And boy, did she deliver! 



After cake, I got PRESENTS!  SOOOO many! 


I really got a lot of great stuff.. check out these new appliances! 


four slice toaster! 

looks like a robot! 


And, who is hiding under here?  


Peek a boo!  a new food scale! 

And, a hand mixer! 

wooo! 



I think everyone had a great time :-) 




2 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

I love that cake!!!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Ooh! love the cake! That food scale is so fancy. Happy Birthday!