Friday, May 30, 2008

Dinner

I read an article the other day about why low-carb works. The author's take was that people on low-carb diets simply end up eating less calories. I'm reading it, and scoffing! No way! I am eating fats galore!! But then I thought about it. It's actually quite true. On this plan I am eating smaller portions, less high-carb, high-sugar food which is also food with high calories. I'm not sure what it is doing to me, but I love it. It's not that I don't get hungry on this plan, it's that I fill up easier, I crave less, and I have more control over portions.

Last night after Fatty left, I stared at my nearly empty fridge and tried to decide what I could eat. I decided on the turkey pepperoni. I took it out. I stared at it.
Just you and me, pepperoni. . .
I heard whistling.
I saw tumbleweeds.

Then, I figured it out. Put 'em on a plate, nuke'em up. Fatty Chunkmaster discovered this, and I had to try it for myself! So I made 10 turkey pepperoni chips, and in a tiny bowl I mixed a teaspoon of mayonesa, teaspoon of sour cream, a boatload of dried garlic, dill, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. BAM, dip! I meant to take a picture of it all, but I forgot! Next time, promise!

Anyway, I cannot BELIEVE that I only ate that tiny snacky dinner and was fine. I didn't get the urge to raid the fridge again. I rule!

1 refreshing comments:

Fatty McFat-Fat said...

hahaha well I wouldn't say I discovered it, I think you'd mentioned pepperoni chips first, I just tried to make them first. I really enjoy the turkey pepperoni better though, they crisp up nicer, because they're thicker. Makes a better substitute for chips. That dill dip sounds awesome though.