Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hello sleepy everything!

Wow, just have to say caffeine withdrawals are a beast. lol I'm glad I never had to go through "real drug" withdrawals. Yesterday was my first day of no caffeine. By noon, I was getting a little sleepy and a slight headache. By the time I left work, I could barely keep my eyes open and the pounding was a bit harder. I made it home, ate some left-over "taco bake", and pretty much went to bed. This morning, the headache hasn't started yet, and I think I'm still waking up, but the brain fog is still present. Everything in my head seems cloudy. It'll be worth it in the end though. Keep in mind I'm a huge caffeine hound, I've been known to down two big cans of energy drink(usually Monster lo-carb lately, but the Moxie one is awesome) back to back, then go drink a nice tall battery shaped Jolt Cola. Well I wouldn't do that until I had my morning coffee's anyway. So cutting out all the caffeine from my diet is a little harsher than most peoples. I think the brain fog is the worst of it, headaches and sleepiness I'm pretty used to.

Taco Bake
1 package of ground beef(or turkey)
1 packet taco seasoning
3 eggs
a few scoops of sour cream
1-2 cups of shredded cheese

Pre-heat the oven to 375. Brown up the beef, throw in the taco seasoning. While that cooks up a little more, crack the eggs and toss 'em into a bowl. Snag that handy whisk of yours and beat those eggs like they stole your last lamb tip. Mix the sour cream into the beaten eggs. Dump the seasoned meat into a smallish casserole pan. Pour the sour egg cream sauce over the meat. Sprinkle a nice layer of cheese over the top. Place the dish into the oven, for about 25-30 minutes.

Presto-change-o pretty tasty dinner It's not super low on carbs, due to the eggs, taco seasoning, and cheese, depending upon what kind you use, but if you don't eat the whole thing, it's pretty low. In the whole pan, it's probably 8-10 grams.

0 refreshing comments: