Friday, August 1, 2008

Counting Blessings

All I ever do is bitch about not losing, or post goals for myself.
I want to take the time to count my weight loss blessings. I recommend you do the same!

1. When I lose weight, I lose it from my belly first. Most ladies I see have heavier tums than the rest of the their body. I am the opposite. It loses from my midsection first. And since belly fat is apparently the most unhealthful type of fat, I am happy for myself there. Actually, I used some calculator that told me my waist to hip ratio is .79. .80 or below is "optimal and ideal" for health. So, go me! :-)

2. I have 1/2 a closet full of clothes that don't fit yet. I have a wardrobe to shrink into already. I don't have to worry about the cost of the next 2 sizes down. These are all clothes I bought and never returned, or were given to me. They are not clothes I used to fit into. thank goodness. Most still have the tags on them!

3. I have an unbelievably support system. Fatty, Melissa, Debbie, My Mom and Dad, Auntie, and the new and old online friends. I used to always try to diet silently. I was afraid that talking about dieting just drew attention to the fact that I was fat. But yah, I AM fat. People know that. Now I can talk about it with other people, and appreciate the support they give me.

4. My health. Yeah, so I don't have the best put together body on the planet. BUT. I have all my limbs, and they all work. I am very able to exercise to my hearts desire. I have low blood pressure, and healthy as I can be for this weight. I am so thankful to be able to just get up, and move.

5. I am stubborn, and self preserving. Ok, that sounds like a bad thing.. but it's not in this case. I don't like getting caught making a mistake. So I will NOT eat something forbidden in front of someone, or give up on push ups if someone is watching. I will prove myself for them. In turn, I am proving myself to myself.


What are you most thankful for, regarding your diet?

1 refreshing comments:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for, in my diet...

1. This is something I understand. I can count carbs and while I do have to count calories to keep from under eating, I don't have to worry about over eating.

2. The food is delicious. It's not shipped to me. It's not prefrozen little packets. And when I get bored of what I usually eat I can look at the billions of recipes available to me and find a new favorite to eat. :)

3. I've lost 35 lbs. My blood pressure is far from borderline high. I'm pretty sure my fasting blood sugars would be normal too.

4. I'm not tired, I have energy.

There are tons and oodles more but that sounded like a good start.