Monday, August 4, 2008

A downside

I hate feeling bad for being on a diet. And I know I shouldn't.

We're having a luncheon meeting today, and I politely told our receptionist that I would attend, but I would not be eating. This is not unusual for me, but she still gave me a very sad look. People have an attachment to food, and they get very offended if you don't want what they provide you. I understand that.. and it makes me feel guilty.
I told her, I have my own lunch prepared at home, and I'm following a specific plan.
She tried to convince me, but it wasn't happening.

I hate feeling bad. I hate feeling like the office stick-in-the-mud.
My priority right now is losing weight and getting healthy, and I just need to not let it bother me.

Easier said than done.

1 refreshing comments:

Unknown said...

Good job taking control! It gets easier. And down the line they'll be all "hey there, hot stuff!" and you'll be like "hell yeah I didn't eat your high carb crap at the meetings." and it'll be awesome.