Monday, August 25, 2008

Hang ups with pride, and vanity

I am the first person to admit that I am a hypocrite. I just am. I don't believe in any form of life after death, but I believe in ghosts. Stuff like that. I'm actually quite alright with it. But there is another one that I am not alright with.
I HATE when people comment on my appearance, or give me a compliment. I hate when people say "Have you lost weight!?"

And YET, I also hate when people don't notice. It's SO dumb. I know.

It's almost like, I want people to notice that I am losing weight, and I want them to like, anonymously send me a message about it. LOL. I hate that I am like this!

I really need to get used to (if not embrace!) the attention. Because the more I lose, the more I will get. Step one, is to come up with a more gracious response to people. Step two will be to TRY to believe them.

1 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

Yeah. As far as believing them, you have to realize that if people don't have something nice to say, they aren't going to say it. So if they are complimenting you, its because they mean it!

So accept it and LOVE it.