Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A new approach

I just decided, that I should write down the plan for my typical going-all-out work out. The kind that I like to do when I have lots of time for a work out. And then break it down into like 15-20 minute segments, and just do one segment a day, so I get one whole body work out in per week.. but it never takes too much time.

So, Here are the exercises I like to do. Fatty is gonna help me break it down into a comprehensive list of mini work outs.
(Fatty, can you recommend reps? or should I just do a certain exercise for a certain amount of time?)

Bottom, to top -

Calf Raises
Lunges
Squats
Crunches
Push Ups
Bicep Curl
Bench Press (with free weights)
Tricep Curl(?) Dunno what that is called
What other upper body ones can I do with free weights?

Burpees (eep)
Jumping Jacks
Jogging

And, as time allows, I'd like to work in some pilates, and other fitness DVD's, as well as my recently neglected Wii Fit.

3 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

could you please explain a burpee to me again?

Chai Latté said...

Absotootly!

You start standing up, crouch down, jump your legs back (so you're in like, a push-up position). Jump your legs back in, and hop up. Its so hard! Here's a video that demonstrates it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3GXHXhtQuc

Anonymous said...

A great site for workouts is www.trainwithmeonline.com - tons of free weight exercises to choose from.