Friday, October 24, 2008

dang! you stole my title

I was actually coming on to post about the "boxing" Chai and I did. Tons of fun! It doesn't matter how hard it feels like you're punching, once you hit the focus mitt, it feels weak. I understand the very basics of boxing/throwing a punch. Pretty much as much as you can learn from watching MMA, and a little actual boxing. I'd done a little research before, and kind of understand the mechanics and such, but to try and apply them? I'm probably way off base. Still it's tons of fun, making my own combinations, aiming for the mitts, and with the gloves on, and a soft target, I don't have to worry about breaking my hand. Chai didn't say it was bothering her, or hard to absorb my punches, so I'm guessing I wasn't throwing too hard. Such a good workout. At one point, Chai said, okay 100 punches, without stopping! I thought, noooooo problemo! I'll tell you my abs were getting sore, and there was next to no power behind any of the punches by the end of those 100. I'm definitely interested in doing that again. :)

On a side note, I weighed in last night after 29 days of not doing so. The results..... +/- 0.0 lbs haha not too bad, considering I haven't been super good lately, I figured for sure I'd gained.

0 refreshing comments: