Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lesson learned!

I LOVE the queso blanco from Costco. I try not to eat it too often, because you have to buy two giant blocks when you get it, so then, I'll eat it all in a matter of days.
But anyway, I got some a couple weekends ago, and I'm on the second block now.
I had 4 slices for dinner last night.

And then, I was up with Chairrhea all night. Ouchie belly :-(

Usually it doesn't bother me, because I eat it with something else, like a salad, or a meat. but last night I had it on it's own, on an empty tummy.

Man, it was TASTY though. :-)

If you've never had it, I greatly recommend it. You just slice it, and fry it in a pan. It comes out crispy on the outside, melty cheesey on the inside. It's salty, and greasy, and SO amazingly good.

Feeling much better this morning, although VERY tired.

2 refreshing comments:

Lori said...

I loves me some cheese! Yum!

I could eat it by the block, too!

The Pumpkin Gingerbread Steamer you had looks so wonderfully yummy. Did you just whip that together, or is there a recipe for it?

Chai Latté said...

Oh, yah, I just make it up as I go.

But I can probably guesstimate..

1 cup soy or almond milk
1/4 cup whipping cream, or half&half
2 tablespoons splenda
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
a heavy splash of gingerbread syrup
and a few shakes of apple pie spice.

I've made every flavor combo possible too, and the gingerbread pumpkin, and pumpkin eggnog are my faves so far!