Wednesday, February 11, 2009

pow pow, clang, wrench, lift

Those are the sounds of my Tuesday night. Right after work, Chai and I scooped up her big headed pooch of love from doggy daycare, then headed to her place for some focus mitt boxing. POW POW! That stuff tires out my arms amazing fast. I'm starting to be a little torn on boxing like this with Chai though. I love the workout, it's tough, fun, and all around really good, but I do have aspirations of learning to box(kickbox/muay thai, etc.) for real and I don't want to get into really bad habits with my stance and form with punching, etc. Anyway, the boxing was tons of fun, we did a few sets of jumping jacks, and burpees, and such in between boxing sets, then I headed home. I grabbed some tools from my Dad to put the bench together on my way. Got home, put 3/4 of the bench together, then went out to the bar for open mic night, drank two diet cokes and got really bored, so I went home, and finished putting the bench together. Of course I had to test it out, so I did 3 sets of 10 reps for the bench press, and discovered that 80 pounds is too light, all three sets were quite easy. I did 3 sets of 10 reps of 50lbs barbell curls, which seems to be a good weight for now. By then it was midnight, so I decided it was late enough, and I'd try and sleep. Tonight, I'll probably work with the lat bar, abs, and maybe try some incline/decline bench presses.

0 refreshing comments: