Monday, May 4, 2009

Well, screw dat

I know that when it comes to motivation and purpose...everyone always says "do it for yourself" do it for your health, your self satisfaction, etc. etc. And while I agree with that sentiment. It doesn't work for me. I need further inspirations.

I want to be thin, fit, and healthy for me. Of course I do. But *I* sabotage it. So deep down inside, there is a large part of me that somehow DOESN'T want it.
I can't seem to reach that part of me. So I need to find more reasons. Seemingly superficial, but that drag out an even deeper part of me.

Competition.


I am not an outwardly competitive person. I am compassionate, empathetic, and am genuinely happy for someone else when they succeed. But that doesn't mean I don't have a desire to WIN myself.

And so I've decided to jump head first into this Biggest Loser competition. There are only a few weeks left, and I haven't lost a pound. I've actually gained since my initial weigh in, AND I started a month after everyone else, so I am starting at quite a disadvantage.

All the more satisfying when I pull ahead for the win! :-)

So for the time being, my goal, all my efforts... are going toward winning this thing.

Wish me luck. I'm in it, to win it! :-)

0 refreshing comments: