Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chicken Red Curry, kinda

I bought a jar of pre-made Thai Red Curry sauce. I can't recall the brand, but I am not sure it's relevant, you could get pretty much any kind, I think. All I know is that this brand had the least amount of calories, clocking in at 80 per serving.

Soo, I started by cooking up some napa cabbage and white onions with a drizzle of olive oil.


Then, I sprinkled some chicken breasts with garam masala curry powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper and tandoori spice. I put those suckers on the foreman grill (not pictured!)

To the cabbage I then added the jar of sauce, 1/2 can of tomato paste, roasted garlic paste, and pepper flakes. Simmered the crap out of it.


When the chicken was finished, I cubed it up and plopped in the sauce, stirred it up, scooped some atop some brown rice, and VIOLA!



It was DELICIOUS. Truly. A taste sensation!

2 refreshing comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling.

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

mmm tasty! you are so creative in the kitchen