Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cock-a-doodle-doooooooo

Yesterday was a beautiful day! Adam, Joel, and I went apple picking at a local orchard. It was warm and sunny, the view was gorgeous and the apples were so delicious!

I forgot my camera, so I had Joel take some pictures on his iphone. I told him I could not present an entry to my faithful readers devoid of images! *scoff*

So, here's some great gems he got. Including.. A VIDEO.


This is the orchard from the first hill. The view is spectacular!


Here is a happy little Golden Delicious tree. Joel's favorite kind.


This is me, munching away happily on an empire apple.


Here's our loot! Yes, I always go overboard at the orchard. Its just impossible not to!
But I will make Joel an apple crisp or pie. So that'll take up a few of them!



Here's a very adorable, very vocal rooster. He was insistent on exploring the wheel well of some people's car as they were trying to leave, so this farmer dude picked the rooster up, and plopped in the tree. Rooster was not thrilled by this. But there was another rooster at the foot of the tree, who was very obviously laughing at his unfortunate friend.
Also, I love Joel's commentary. lol.

2 refreshing comments:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

ohh apple picking! How fun! looks like a great day!

laura said...

apple picking is the best!

everyone loves a good national geographic time! lol.