Friday, September 25, 2009

Foxy Returns!

I was sitting on the couch, watching TV, and I heard, very loudly, a child screaming. Like, PAIN, DYING screaming. I got up and ran to the front door, opened it and listened. Just constant, hoarse, scary screaming. I thought it must be a fishercat, as I was told they sound like that.
It continued for a few minutes, and then faded slowly, so I knew it was moving away.

I just looked it up online, and apparently, what I heard was a red fox (like the cute guy I saw in my backyard!)

Did you know that fox's scream?! I guess I always assumed they had more of a bark.

Here's the sound...
Except each "howl" was longer, and VERY close so it was super loud.

Now, all I can hear is an owl hooting outside, and corgi snoring like an old man.

2 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

so weird. it "almost" sounds like a bark of sorts...so crazy!

Lori said...

That's crazy. Maybe the foxes were mating? Cats get really yowly like that. Keep an eye out for a fall litter.