Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wow, ouch.

Oof. *plop*

Just got off the treadmill. I am honestly impressed with my resolve while running. I could easily quit. And my body tries SO hard to convince me to. Oh, my sock is bunched up. My contact is itchy. My foot hurts. My leg is throbbing. My ponytail is too loose. Blah. Blah. Blah. Its everything. Every tiny little thing nags at me to stop. I caught myself thinking (multiple times!) "oh, you can just do the 5 minutes jogging instead of 6, you're tired, you're not ready"

Pardon my language... but FUCK YOU, self. Quit trying to sabotage me on something this important. Because I WILL FIGHT YOU, AND I WILL WIN.
I did my 6 minutes. Every time. It was hard, but I made a deal with myself and I kept it thankyouverymuch.

Aaanyway, back to our regularly scheduled program...

So yes, today I've been teetered on the edge of sickness. SUPER tired, headachey, all that fun stuff. I was truly hoping that my run would make it feel a bit better, but right now my head is really throbbing. I have a sneaking suspicion that this could be a tooth thing. Which suuucks. We shall see.

Honestly, its getting progressively worse by the second, so, I am cutting this blog short and running to find some drugs. I'll finish this tomorrow!

4 refreshing comments:

laura said...

oh no tooth things are the worst! i hope it's just a sickness, so you can avoid the dreaded dentist.

way to go on the chai to 5k!!! i still have minutes or whole runs where i constantly have to push myself to keep going, the soundtrack helps me a lot. if i don't have the exactly right song playing for that moment i lose momentum instantly! lol. you are kicking butt!!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

I have never met anyone with as much willpower as you do. You are such an exercising powerhouse. Way to go overcoming the internal devil!

Tony said...

Nice work on the dreadmill. Get super better soon.

BigGay said...

OMG! You don't swear!! I'm very very proud of you, though. As I am always. I'm too scared of the treadmill and haven't been taking care of myself the way I should...but you keep reminding me that I need to do it. The punch to the jugular is not a pretty sight.
I hope you feel better and I hope I can at least help you take care of stuff at home! GIMME STUFF TO DOOOOOO!!!!!