Monday, December 7, 2009

Making Strides. (literally!)

I ran 12 minutes straight this morning!! And I am pretty sure I can go even longer. It's all mental with me. When I step on, and I say to myself - "I'm gonna run 10 minutes straight" I will do it, but as soon as I get to 10 minutes on the DOT, I feel dead, like I couldn't possibly go anymore. But I feel JUST FINE up until that point. So I know its not some magical number wall preventing me, it's just my crazy head.

My plan is to get to 15 minutes by the end of the week.
I will do Mon-Fri, 12, 12, 13, 14, 15 respectively. I'm sealing it in my brain right now, so I HAVE to do it! :-)

But still, 12 minutes?! How great is that?! :-) Pretty great.

2 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

yay!!!! :) So proud of you!

100in12 said...

yaaahh!!! congrats! you can totally do 15 :-) i'm the same as you, if i set a number then I'll make to that point, but not a second after :-P set a little lower pace and bust it out to 15 minutes!