Monday, January 4, 2010

World's Healthiest Foods

After writing about my Chia seeds this morning, I got to thinking about antioxidants, superfoods, and things like that. I was wondering what else I could include in my humble smoothies, to turn them into super-duper health bombs.  
After some googling, I came across this little gem : World's Healthiest Foods
What a great resource! Right there, a list of the most nutrient-rich,  more bang-for-your-buck foods!
And luckily,  it more or less looks like my usual shopping list :-)

I did not know that soy sauce offered anything other than sodium, but it actually has niacin, protein, manganese, and more!

And I really never thought of potatoes as much more than empty carbs in a fiber jacket.  But they can give you vitamin C, B6, potassium, and copper!


It is just amazing, what food does inside our body.  I've never had a mind for science... so most of this nutritional info goes in one ear and out the other... (or, in my mouth, and out the butt, to be precise!)
But I can't say that it's not interesting, and it is certainly helpful for building meals even more mindfully. 

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to spend a little more time on that site!

0 refreshing comments: