Sunday, February 7, 2010

Strides

Sipping on some purple kombucha, relaxing after my treadmilling. Tonight, I did my mile straight like usual (from .25 to 1.25) and then at mile two I decided to go for another mile straight (which I've never done before) and guess what?! I did it :)
I love progress! I've started stretching after my jogs which seems to make a great difference in stiffness after.
Now don't worry! Today is supposed to be my rest day, and I assure you that I am not so obsessed with exercise that I am forgoing a rest day :) I actually think it's just very wise for me to change my rest day from Sundays to Wednesdays.
For one, eating perfectly is much harder for me on weekends, but I can counteract that by working out because working out automatically makes me eat smarter the rest of the day. Secondly, biggest loser weigh in day is Tuesday, so why not work it out hard over the weekend, and rest right after the weigh in. Makes sense, no?
Sorry for rambling! I'm out!

2 refreshing comments:

Mandy K said...

Congrats on the two miles! That's a big achievement :)

As for stretching, the more miles I run, the more time I have to spend stretching - before AND after.

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

WOOHOOO Great job on the two miles! Way to really kick it up a notch :) I need to get back in the habit of stretching....