Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Snooze Button

I don't know why, but I am feeling very excited and relieved that today is my rest day. Usually, it gets to be around mid-day, before I realize I don't have to work out when I get home. But this week? I was praising sweet, sweet Wednesday starting last night!  I've been working so hard lately to step up my workouts, especially my runs.  I don't quite feel burnt out, at least.  My body feels fine, and mentally... besides feeling a bit pressed for time, I'm all good.

I don't know why I am so happy to see a rest day today. But who cares, really? I am very happy that I haven't taken a non-scheduled rest day in so long. I haven't been so lazy, sick, or tired that I've skipped a workout.  This is a big improvement when it comes to making this lifestyle a habit. Just doing it without thinking. Feeling that a workout is just as essential to my daily life as brushing my teeth, or feeding my dogs.  I am closer to that life now, than I have ever been before.  And I HAVE to be proud of that!

I think that making the logical decision to stop hating exercise so much has paid off.  Don't get me wrong, it is not something I enjoy (yet), but I don't dread it anymore. I've worked down from it being a hatred, to pure resignation. Next, I'll move it from resignation to liking.

I mean... if I can teach myself to like carrots, I can certainly come around to some exercise! ;-)


Aaaaanyway.

Tonight? I'm resting!

0 refreshing comments: