Saturday, November 13, 2010

Me Hunt Well

Onto day 4 of the Paleo diet today, and so far, so good.
Though I am wondering how cavemen lived sans tupperware! :-) The amount of prepping and packing is the only thing that slows me down. Other than that, I don't find it too difficult to go without grains or dairy.

For breakfast the other morning, I made steamed spinach, smoked salmon and 2 eggs. That might not sound great to most of you, but it was seriously delicious.

Breakfast

For a mid-morning snack, I had some raw cauliflower and a vegan terrine I picked up at Whole Foods.

Veggie terrine

Later in the day, I prepped some food - 



Future Jerky 
Future Jerky


Future jerky! 



Future Stew

Future stew!

IMG_2709

The stew came out really good! I of course, never made stew without potatoes, but I didn't miss them!
This guy had : stew beef, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, garlic, water, sodium-free beef broth, a few spices, and a tiny bit of xantham gum to thicken. I had some more today for lunch, and it was even better! I'll definitely make this again.

The jerky came out OK. Very edible, and tasty but not ideal. Next try should be spot on!

I've been very happy eating lots of fruits & veggies and I feel good. Plenty of energy, no gassy business in my tum tum. I'm good!

3 refreshing comments:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

That's fun that you are making your own jerky! Glad it's going well!

Floriana said...

That looks absolutely delicious.

Melissa Whittaker said...

I REALLY want a jerky maker. I saw some at Bass Pro shops and I hope to have one at some point! :) I've been tossing that one around since our honeymoon, just haven't bit the bullet and bought one yet.

The eggs/spinach/salmon actually looks delicious to me!