Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Biding Time

I'd be lying if I said I was immune to the draw of New Years. It's the Monday Start, the grand Bandwagon jump, the freshest of new beginnings.  It seems to enticing, doesn't it? 
It also makes you think that the time before that most magical moment is immune to all. 
Nothing you eat matters, any work outs you miss are forgiven... why?  Because come January 1st all is forgiven, forgotten, and anew. 

Scary, isn't it?  I've been fighting that feeling for a few days now.  There are treats and goodies galore, presents to wrap, parties to attend, and all my time seems accounted for.  I have missed 2 workouts in the past week and a half. One was because of my knee (but, was it really? I dunno) and one was because I was simply too busy.   
In all honesty, I can forgive myself for it.  I don't skip workouts often, it doesn't worry me too much. But the guilt does wear through, though. Ah well. I won't succumb to the Holiday Blackhole of self-indulgence just yet.  

But, what have I been up to?

Well, I've been cooking a lot . . .

Lasagna mess from my Xmas party


Wrapping a lot . . .



Snoozing a lot . . .

Oh wait, that's not me, that's Corgi!

And working a lot. It's our busy time right now. And I do enjoy it, I just wish it didn't come at such a hectic time!

Well, gotta get back to it now!


0 refreshing comments: