Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Couch to 5k

I know by now you are all familiar with the Couch to 5k Program.  I thought it might be fun to introduce Joel to the program and see if he wanted to start it.  I told him I'd start from the beginning with him and we could do it together!
He was/is a bit nervous, because I can tell he doesn't want to commit to anything.  But, I think it's worth a try.  So the other  night I wrote up a schedule for us on a whiteboard, and put it by the treadmill. 


He was still hesitant last night, but he did it!  Day One! :-) I am sooo proud! 
So now I gotta start too!  I think tonight I will do my Day 1. 

Despite being told that I should not run, I still feel a need to do it. And despite being forbidden to run outside ever. . . I still have a desire to run a 5k.  Just once,  just for myself. 

Anyone else want to start with us? ;-)

2 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

I'll join in spirit. I'll do a "donut to my mouth" challenge.

LOL.

Chai Latté said...

Now, I like the sound of that challenge!! :-)

I got Jessica a mini donut maker
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/d7bf/

for Xmas. So she's gonna make us all donuts soon! :-)