Saturday, January 15, 2011

Yeasty Beasty

It's the weekend, people! How good does that feel?
Friday night I stole Fatty and dragged him on a Whole Foods trip. I know not everyone is as seduced as I am by WF, but he seems to like it still. He found a few things for himself. Me? Yeah, $200 later I've got like, 3 bags of random stuff to show for it. I still don't know how that happens.
After returning from WF I was starving. I started cooking and 10 minutes later I had the most delicious dish...


I can't even. Mmmm!
It is - Al Dente egg fettucini, crushed tomatoes, spinach, onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
Simple, yes? But it all tasted so fresh and so hearty.  That huge bowl there is 500 calories. I ate approx 350 calories worth of it and I couldn't make it any further.  (I finished the rest for lunch today!) 

While eating dinner, I wrote out  my work out for the next morning.


I had a possible Fatty partner for this workout, but it turned out that he couldn't make it over.
And that is when the unfathomable happened...
JOEL WORKED OUT WITH ME INSTEAD.
No, I don't have photographic evidence.. but it happened!
He made it through very nearly the whole thing and with a remarkable lack of complaining :-) Such a good doobie! I am so so so so so beyond proud of him right now!

After my work out I enjoyed a protein shake.


While watching MTV's I Used to be Fat

Have you seen it?  I'll watch pretty much any show about weight loss, so I like it. The new A&E one called Heavy starts on Monday I think. Better set the DVR!

I asked Corgi if she felt motivated while watching this show.


This was her answer :

Point taken.

After that sad display of chunkitude, I showered, got dressed, and headed out to run some errands. Yes "errands" is what I call SHOPPING.  It was a very mildly successful trip. (I did score some Madden boots for $20! cah-yoot!)

But I digress!  After returning home, Joel and I started working on our dinner masterpieces.

Here's mine :



300 calories of awesome. Garlic naan for crust, crushed tomatoes, spinach, onion, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup fake veggie cheese, and nutritional yeast.

And here is Joel's gigantic felon of a pizza :

I can't. even.

(he loved it) 

And that, my friends, brings us to now!  Right now, I am lying in my heated bed, being very. very. comfortable. I hope you are doing the same!

2 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

Mmmm, food looks yummy! The picture of the tv show reminded me, you've got to look at my florida picture post, because I took a pic of something just for you!

Mandy K said...

I gotta try this naan pizza!