Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 18

Day 18 : Your beliefs

Well, this is a pretty open ended question.  I'm not even sure how to start!

I always say that if I had to choose a life motto... it'd be tie between these two :

"To each his own"  and "Get over it!" 

I so very strongly believe in everyone's right to be who they are without being judged for it. I want you to life your life however you please. Do what makes you happy, be who you want to be and mostly - let others be who they want to be.

As for getting over it... I know it sounds harsh, and I don't really mean it that way.   I just think people let themselves get so upset about things that are out of their control. Stress and aggravation are not necessary in this world. When something goes wrong and you can't do anything about it... just.... let it go.  Get over it!  You'll be much happier for it!  And of course I don't mean it like.... your grandmom died and you need to "get over it"  I mean more like... the traffic was bad today,  the bread was moldy, you got a papercut.... little things that people let ruin their day, or their week....  and its not necessary. There are nice, beautiful things that can happen in that day after your traffic jam that you don't even see, because you're still upset about something that has come and gone. 

As for the controversial things... most of my beliefs follow the same "to each his own" theme...
I am pro-choice, I am all for gay marriage, I am on-board for doing whatever makes you, as an individual, feel like you're doing the right thing.

0 refreshing comments: