Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 24

Day 24 : Your favorite movie and what it's about.

Sorry guys, this is WAY impossible. I love movies, and I have too may favorites to even fit into one post!  I'll do my best to just pick a few....


#1.  The Cell
If there is something you ought to know about me, it's that I love nothing more than crazy, psycho bad guys. I love serial killers and seriously deranged villains.   I also love surrealism and awesome costumes. The Cell gets high marks on all accounts.  Directed by an amazing director Tarsem Singh, here's the synopsis :

An FBI agent (Vince Vaughn) persuades a social worker (Jennifer Lopez), who is adept with a new experimental technology, to enter the mind of a comatose serial killer (Vincent D'Onofrio) in order to learn where he has hidden his latest kidnap victim. 

This movie is messed up and somehow gorgeous at the same time.


If you want all the surreal beauty of The Cell but don't like disturbing images, pleeeease watch the movie The Fall by the same director. It's a bit more heartwarming.



#2. City of Lost Children
I'll watch anything by director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, but this one especially.  It's a french film starring Ron Perlman (love!), here's the synopsis :

A scientist in a surrealist society kidnaps children to steal their dreams, hoping that they slow his aging process. 

Ok, I know this one sounds scary/sad too.. and it is in parts, but largely it's very sweet and childlike.






Lemme squeeze in some more honorable mentions, in case you need Netflix Queue food!

SLC Punk, Stargate, Amelié, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Suspiria, Labyrinth, Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Boondock Saints, The Abyss, Gentleman Broncos, Barton Fink, Ginger Snaps, OldBoy, 28 Days Later, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Sexy Beast, Layer Cake, Snatch, Spirited Away, Vampire Hunter D,  Mary & Max, Minority Report, Black Sunday, Bubba Ho- Tep, The Devil's Backbone, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Delicatessen, Intacto, Pitch Black, Dogma, Kung Fu Hustle, Donnie Darko, Memento, But I'm A Cheerleader, Death to Smoochy, What Dreams May Come, The Big Lebowski, A.I., City Of Angels, Ed Wood, Antibodies.....
Ok, I will stop now, because my fingers are tired.  You get it!

2 refreshing comments:

Mandy K said...

You should check out Jean-Pierre Jeunet's recent film Micmacs. I LOVED it.

Chai Latté said...

I loved it too! I just think he is unbelievable!