Monday, March 7, 2011

One o dem days!

Happy Monday everybody! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I had a nice Saturday, and then Sunday was one of those days where everything went wrong!
It all started when I blew a fuse in my office when I turned on the space heater.  I went down to the basement to check the box and discovered the basement was flooded. Everything in the storage room was ruined and over the carpet in the "theater" ceiling tiles were down and everything was soaked. Lovely!
After doing all I could with that stuff, I headed upstairs to run on the treadmill.  I get on and my knee gives out in the first quarter mile. Fine, I'll walk!  So I walk and the treadmill starts making noises like it's angry and broken.  Determined to finish my treadmilling despite the noise, I turn on the TV aaaand the TV doesn't work.  After my workout, Joel and I decide the best thing to do would be to get the heck out of the house and we decide to go to dinner and a movie.

I got my coat on, tapping my feet waiting for Joel to come downstairs so we can leave... 30 minutes later I holler up to him and he says his computer died and he was trying to fix it.  Now, we don't have enough time for dinner and a movie so we decide we'll just go to dinner 'cause I found a cool looking place that serves Caribbean food.  After getting a little lost, and driving in some scary thick fog, we find the place and, it's closed. 
We google and find a pub type place nearby, and they make his food wrong. lol

I can't even tell you.. what a mess of a day!  Luckily, (aside from the basement) it was all very minor things, so I can't complain too much.   I think I fixed the treadmill.. Joel fixed the TV and the computer.  Now it's just the mess of a basement we have to deal with.  This winter has taken a toll on our house more than we could have ever anticipated!


Blah blah, enough of that crap!  :-)  I hope you have a lovely day today!

1 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

YUCK. What a craptacular day. :(