Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Eating Out, Low-Carb Style - Cheesecake Factory

So, I went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner last night. While waiting to be seated, I was perusing the extensive list of cheesecakes. To my complete surprise and delight, a god-like creature from heaven appeared to me.

6g Carb Cheesecake, made with Splenda.

WHAT?!!?!

Once I regained my composure, we were seated, I was reading and rereading the huge bible that is their menu trying to pick something for my meal. I couldn't concentrate. All I could think about was the fact that I was going to have cheesecake.

They had a few (and I mean few) low carb options. Ribeye, Filet Mignon, some salads. I peeped at the Thai Lettuce Wraps, which sounded promising, until I saw that they came with noodles. No thanks. Then I spotted the Breakfast page! They serve breakfast all day!? Did you know that? I didn't.

After a long deliberation, I ordered the California Omelette, with a side of bacon. Omelette came, it was good. It had tomatoes, cheese, mushrooms, and avocado in it. The eggs were... well... not real eggs. But it was still pretty good. Bacon was generous, and perfectly cooked. I even ordered a WATER, instead of a diet soda. (go me!)

I ate my omelette as quickly as possible, to make way for my cheesecake. I had the perfect plan. Order the 6g cheesecake, add the 3g strawberries. Eat 1/2 the cake and bring the other half home for Joel.

I think you can all guess what happened next.

You're right. They don't have the low-carb cheesecake any more. According to the waitress, they sent it back to the manufacturer to "re-work it" Later, she mentioned something about turning it into a Weight Watchers version instead.

Sonsoffilthybitches.

When I told her, no thank you then! She tried very hard to sell me all kinds of other cheesecakes. Hello? Why would someone order a low carb cheesecake, if not doing a low carb diet of some sort? Why would it be OK then, for me to eat a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake instead? Whatevs.

Anyway, my dinner was good but not fabulous.

3 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

That blows. If they don't have it, they should make a note on their menus. its not like they were out of stock - they actually have removed it from their menu. so get rid of it!

I'd be pissed too.

Anonymous said...

Ack!! I hate that! Ruby Tuesday's kept me coming back when they'd say "we are currently out of the low carb cheesecake but more has been ordered"...they NEVER had any more. ARGH! And it actually tasted GOOD!!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm... cheesecake... the LC Secret!!!

Check out the Recipe Room at LCF. There are tons and oodles of cheesecake recipes and they are all LC friendly.

Of course you can't eat it while you're doing Induction... but after... *ahhhhhh* (that's the angel singing voice... I don't know how to type it out... so yeah... enjoy that!).

:)