Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nutritious, in the face of all that is Delicious!

I was able to have both, nutritious AND delicious last night. I met my friend at The Border Café, which is a cajun & mexican restaurant. With a VERY unhealthy menu. I'm talking etouffees, gravies, butter sauces, CHEESE - on everything. I scoured the menu online beforehand. No dish seemed suitable. It was scary! But I knew I'd be able to concoct my own healthy dish somehow.

And then I got there, looked through the menu, and a shining light appeared! Cajun Chicken Fajita Salad.

*angels sing*

grilled chicken, grilled onions, lettuce & tomatoes.
I asked for pico de gallo and guacamole instead of dressing.
I ate a little less than 1/2.

Easy. Safe. and beyond delicious! I avoided the chips with ease, and enjoyed a lovely dinner. Doesn't get much better than that!

3 refreshing comments:

~Oct said...

YUM! You did great. I always find it fun to find things that I CAN eat on just about any menu.

Salina Lyn said...

Yay!!! That's awesome. Congrats! That deserves a HUGE pat on the back. :)

lyricgirl said...

Funny blog! Great job on picking the right dish.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. Good job on your jog. It nice see that others are jogging and doing well at it.

Have a great weekend.