Monday, May 10, 2010

BBQ Tasties

Yesterday, we celebrated Mother's Day and Fatty's Bday jointly, with a BBQ at my parent's house. 
We had some amazing food....  a sampling for you! 

 mini bruschetta

 'shrooms and leeks on the grill

chicken wings

amazing, fall off the bone ribs

coleslaw with dill, my FAVE

pasta salad (my contribution)

Cocoa-cayenne cupcakes

And so much more! 
Everything was absolutely delicious, as always. And I didn't need to eat anything else for the rest of the day.

Also! 
On Friday, I had my second bike ride. I went 12.6 miles. I had a major issue with my hands going numb, which really impeded my ride. But I did the best  I could.  I ate a major amount of mosquitoes as well.  But hey, protein!  ;-)
I was a *little* better on the bike this time.. but I still need quite a bit more practice before I am comfortable.
The good part is, this part of the trail had a much higher elevation, and my legs were actually getting a little tired near the end! At that time, it felt like such a great thing, however, I was not smart enough to compress & ice my knees that night.  So Saturday morning, I woke up to go to training, and I could barely walk. My legs were killing, my head was pounding and I just felt horrible. I had to cancel my training, which I H-A-T-E to do, but I knew it was for the best.  


1 refreshing comments:

Sheryl said...

I find it interesting that your hands went numb while biking. Do you know why that is cuz mine do the same thing and I have hand breaks. It makes me nervous I won't be able to stop when needed.

Please email me back and let me know how you work through the numb hands. I'd love to going biking but right now I am letting that hold me back.