Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm burning up, baby, I'm burning up!

Another successful extra long workout! 2 hours to be exact. 1 hour training, 40 minutes cycling, 20 minutes ellipticalling. It felt good!  My knee feels a bit bruised, but otherwise, feeling good!


The best part is... I found my missing heart rate monitor!!! I've been missing this thing for SO long! I was excited to slap it back on and see how many calories I burn these days.   My calorie burn per hour is still high, but it has dropped drastically since the start of training. Both are very good things! 

Because it has dropped, it means that my heart is in remarkably better shape than it was before. 
I used to burn 850-1100 calories in ONE HOUR of training.  Last night I burned 580 calories in the first hour. Yay efficient heart!! and yay for still knocking out nearly 600 calories with weight training!

But wait... there's more! 

I kept my HRM on  throughout my cardio as well, and I ended the workout with...

1,221 calories burned! 
That is even more than I ATE yesterday! 

I'm wishing I could do that everyday! But I don't think Ye Olde Knees can handle such a stress right now.  I'll be interested to see what my burn is like when I take my bike out for a ride. I never feel my heart rate rise when I am cycling outside (with the exception of hills, eeep!) so it'd be nice to get a guess of what kind of benefit I'm getting from it, calorie-wise.

2 refreshing comments:

Melissa Whittaker said...

Wow! Awesome!!! :) So proud of you! :)

I even worked out last night - just 15 minutes (3/4 mile) on the treadmill but it was something!

Chai Latté said...

Yay! Thanks!

Awesome job! I think you should be SUPER proud of your 15 minutes. Getting ON the machine is the hardest part, so it says a lot! :-)