Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 03

Day 03 : Your views on drugs and alcohol.

I personally do not drink, smoke, or do any drugs. I never have and it's safe to say I never will.  I do often wonder why I have such an abhorrent reaction to those kinds of things, because I can't recall any defining moment in my past.  Most of my family are big drinkers, and some smoke. I don't really have anything against anyone who does but for some reason I just have never been able to comprehend the concept... a lot like having kids, I guess.  I just have never been able to imagine it for me.
I am sure a large part is control-freakness. It is beyond me that someone would want to feel out of control of their own self, to me? That's not fun, that is scary!

Though I may not judge your character if you are someone who loves to drink, I will not want to be around you during those times.  I am so SO uncomfortable around people who are drunk or "tipsy".  This causes me to be a party-pooper a lot of the time.  It doesn't bother me much.  It's very much like eating healthy... people seem to feel guilt or shame that you are doing it and they are not.  I feel like *I* make them uncomfortable by not drinking just as much as they make me, because they are.

I am very lucky (or smart!)  that I am with Joel.  Joel doesn't drink either.  He has, and he will.. but it is super rare, and I wouldn't have to be around him if he was :-)

So there you have it.  I'm a goody-goody-two-shoes, and I like it!

0 refreshing comments: