Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 20

Day 20 : How important you think education is.

Honestly, I never really thought about this. Being that I do not and will not have kids, I don't really think about the future of education or job markets. I do, however feel strongly about people learning proper language skills and mathematics and I also feel like childhood education really needs to keep up with societal changes. I think internet etiquette and safety needs to be huge in the schools.

For myself? I did not go to college. No one in my family did, so it was natural for me to not. I have never once regretted not going to college, but that could be just because I got so lucky with finding the job I have. I got it on pure luck when I was 19, and I've been there every since.
Now, if I lost or wanted to leave my job, I would undoubtedly have a lot of trouble finding a new job because of my lack of education. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

0 refreshing comments: