Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Unconventional Workouts

I work out 6 days a week. You don't need me to tell you that it gets boring when you're doing the same thing all the time. I like to mix it up with running, cycling, boxing, weight training, pilates, etc. But sometimes its easy to turn chores and tasks into a work out.

This weekend I decided to tackle "the glacier."
We had the snow and ice cleared off our roofs last week. That is nice, however the guy did just leave it where it landed, which was a 7 foot high barrier across the doorway. I was determined to get through it! And I knew it was going to be a workout!

And it was! it ended up being 3 hours of hard labor. I had to use my whole body to chip away the ice, and then lifting heavy chunks and throwing them over the deck. I had to laugh to myself at once point, because the movements I was doing were do similar to exercises that Bob makes me do at the gym. It's like math class, you know? You think... when will I ever need this in the real world?? But, I needed it! All those med ball tosses were paying off! Thanks Bob :-)

Snow tunnel

solid ice, I tell you.

The next day, my knees were a bit sore from the glacier, so I wasn't ready to run again. Instead I brought my ipod player downstairs, cranked it up and started cleaning. I didn't sit down for 4 hours, while I cleaned and shook my booty to the music. I got a good calorie burn in and my laundry and dishes are done... good all around! :-)

0 refreshing comments: