Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chayote

I know I shared with you all before, the wonder of the Chayote squash.
They miraculously started selling the, at my usual grocery store.
You shoulda seen me, arms full of little green squashes, reaching for more, nearly stuffing my shirt to get them all in... Joel laughing, saying - "Yah, stock up, stock up!!" I ended up only buying two. But my Shaw's is known for fluke appearances of items. They'll have them one day, and then never sell them again!

Anyway...I ate one over the weekend in the most delicious, easiest way ever.
o.m.g. was it good.

All I did was peel, and then slice the chayote into thin, short strips. Plopped them in a bowl. Then, I took a lemon, and cut all the pulp out of the lemon in sections. Squeezed a little extra lemon juice into the bowl. Sprinkled some splenda in there, stirred it up a bit. And then ATE IT.

It was beyond incredible. Especially if you love lemon as much as I do!
It was so crisp, refreshing, citrusy and lightly sweet. Heaven!

0 refreshing comments: