Sunday, August 30, 2009

Waiting at the wagonstop

Chances are, that in a year.. or even in a month from now... I won't recall the minute details of this particular day, or weekend. If anything, I'll remember going to Fatty's house-warming party, playing games and laughing. I might remember sitting with Corgi in the hot sun on the back deck, watching the dragonflies. I will certainly remember Melissa giving me an awesome ring as a Disney souvenir.

What I won't remember is what I ate.

How can it seem like food runs my life, when looking back makes it seem SO insanely inconsequential?

This weekend I fell off the proverbial wagon. I couldn't go to training, my shoulder aches like a beast, LadyTime™, I'm sick of not losing, etc. etc. bullshit etc.
It doesn't matter the reasons, or excuses. I ate whatever the hell I wanted this weekend. And of COURSE it felt good while I was doing it, but will I even remember those moments? Absolutely not.

I am glad, however, that I will NOT let this snowball. I have been a little more relaxed in my meals in the past few weeks, but I was still keeping it in check. This weekend was the last straw though. I obviously need to be more strict with myself.

I am going to go back to the Body-For-Life style plan. Requires a lot of planning, prepping, packing.. but I know it works, I know its healthy, and I know I can do it.

*CLUNK, eeeeEEEeeeeooooof, sigh*

(that is the sound of my hauling my fat ass back onto that damn wagon)

0 refreshing comments: